Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Something greater than everything." (Updated)

Blow the bad stuff out: Gideon et al. (not pictured: Francois Carrier)

I am hooked on the music of Montreal-based saxophonist, composer and improviser Francois Carrier; so much so that my IMC brother Ron and I have devoted 5 episodes of Now's the Time to Carrier's work. Thursday sees me take a bow for part 3, "Something Greater that Everything," an examination of Carrier's music in a spiritual context.

Curious about how Carrier links to Gideon and his 300 trumpet-wielding men? Of course you are. Tune in and find out:

NTT airs Thursday night, 8:30-10:00 EST on CKCU 93.1 FM in Ottawa, and at ckcufm.com everywhere else.

The episode will also be available for DL after it airs (I'll post info here). So, no excuses.

UPDATE: And here it is:

Now's the Time, July 23: "Something Greater Than Everything" - Spirituality in the Music of Francois Carrier

No comments: